PoliScan speed Mobile: An agile, versatile system for controlling speed and improving road safety.
VITRONIC is also setting standards in mobile speed measurement with PoliScan speed Mobile. The system combines the advantages of LIDAR speed enforcement with a structure that provides maximum flexibility in use. Unlike technologies such as radar measurement or laser guns, PoliScan speed Mobile is approved for unattended measurement, thanks to its fully automated vehicle capture system. Officers responsible for measuring can start processing cases while speed enforcement is still in progress. In addition, the system will automatically discard any invalid measurements. Consequently, the validity of cases is not affected by operating errors.
Tripod - front or rear mounting
PoliScan speed Mobile can be used in a variety of scenarios and put into service quickly. Using the appropriate installation kit, speed measurements can be taken from the rear of a service vehicle or through the windscreen. Alternatively, PoliScan speed Mobile can be quickly mounted on a tripod. Before each capture, the system automatically self-calibrates, after which it is ready for use without the need for time-consuming calibration. No additional triggering devices, such as light curtains, are required.
Greater versatility thanks to the measuring cabinet
In addition to mobile speed measuring, PoliScan speed Mobile can also be used at a fixed location. The specially developed measuring cabinet protects the system against access or vandalism and makes it easy to install, so that the system can be quickly put into operation. All location data required for stationary operation is stored locally in the measuring cabinet and can be read from any PoliScan speed Mobile system. Therefore, any system that is not in mobile use can be used for stationary speed enforcement.
- LIDAR measuring technology
- Fully automatic capture allows unattended measurement
- Measuring results are not affected by operating errors
- Mobile use from a tripod, the passenger seat or the back of a vehicle
- Stationary use in a measuring cabinet with storage of location data
Mobile speed measurement with fully automatic capture.
- Measuring process: fully automatic; does not require attended measurement
- Work area: 10 m - 75 m
- Measuring range: 10 km/h - 250 km/h
- Measuring rate: >1 vehicle per second
- Control range: 3 lanes
- Camera: 2 high-resolution matrix cameras, black and white; 4 megapixels each
- Standard flash unit: red traffic flash unit (650 nm)
- Alternatively: invisible IR flash unit (> 890 nm), (without a picture of the driver)
- Measuring unit: Eye-safe LIDAR
- Control unit: compact remote control unit for setting the adjustment mode and capturing case data; possibility of having a stand-alone measuring operation without a control unit
- Interface: encrypted connection between the control unit and the measuring unit
- Display on the device: calibrated display: 2 x 16 characters, character size of 9 mm
- Evidential photography: for each case, an encrypted and digitally signed file with image and measurement data, together with data on the measuring system, the user and the measuring site; capacity to store approx. 3,300 cases.
- Operating voltage: 12 V DC
- Power consumption: max. 50 W
- Measuring unit: 380 mm x 300 mm x 280 mm (L x W x H)
- Flash unit: 360 mm x 250 mm x 230 mm (L x W x H)
- IR flash unit: 358 mm x 218 mm x 228 mm (L x W x H)
- Measuring unit: 17.5 kg
- Flash unit: 10.5 kg
- IR flash unit: 6.8 kg
- Installation: vehicle- or tripod-mounted
See al products from Traffic